This is a theory and hands-on course on quantum entanglement: theory will be covered in lectures and students will perform quantum entanglement measurements in the lab. In addition, articles will be discussed. We start with the EPR paper and finish with applications of quantum entanglement.
- History of quantum entanglement
- Generation schemes of entangled photon pairs
- Experiments and loopholes
- Entanglement in the solid state
- Single photon detection
- Indistinguishable photons
- Entanglement applications: Teleportation, lithography, cryptography, quantum repeaters